Denim By PV is the most reputed denim show and attracts exhibitors and visitors from around the world. The show held on 23rd and 24th May , 2012.. The show authorities have generated a trend report from the show and we are pleased to bring out the details from the report.
The report mentions that fit and detail play up feminine and masculine elements . An opulent ,charming and glamorous season underpinned by essence and substance , with comfort and stretch driving the new sexy / easy looks forward. A season that only looks simple , thanks to cleaner , more refined surfaces.
The three key directions are :
Glam and Raw
A bold embrace of feminine weapons of choice in the game of seduction. Decorated pieces, carefully positioned details, diluted aspects softened handles , brushed and warm surfaces.
Glam and Raw
- A bravura demonstration of true masculine appeal .
- Heavy and original weights , dark and mysterious effects.
- Rubber coatings, imitation leather and skin aspects.
- Clearly situating jeanswear in an array of irrestibly charming universe .
- Metallic Reflections , glossy coatings, jewel-like accessories, diffused halos.
- All over prints on denim , particularly floral patterns or small repeating scarf patterns.
- Little decorative images applied all over .
- Carefully placed details.
Diluted Effects (washing effects)
- Drawing with diluted color with one melting into another.
- Wet look dilutions.
- Moving aspects, pretenders.
- Slightly stained by metallic powder.
- Charcoal wefts creating luminous light deep into the heart of fabrics.
Warm and Wooly
- Brushed finishes on the inside , a generally warm and cosy effect for extra soft handles .
- Cotton, wool , cashmere mixes.
- Soft and worn fabrics.
Warm and Blurry
- Thrown yarns , sophisticated yarns.
- Precise weaves and washing outs.
New takes on Tradition
- Classical patterns reborn in jeanswear and treated to typically denim treatments .
- A more contrified spirit.
- Denim inspired by suitings, herringbones, stripes and small structures.
- An irregular look , knop multi coloured yarns .
- A distressed but chic aspect.
- 2 major and totally opposite directions .
- Super stiff or extra supple – no place for anything in between.
- Extremely dark, slightly contrasted here and there for strange halos .
- A succession of different treatments for mysterious effect.
- Complex fabrics that defy an easy recognition of their treatment processes .
- Continued importance of coated surfaces.
- In shiny or opaque versions.
- Coatings that add color intensity effects.
Presentations on AW ‘13/14
Tags: denim fair trends