- About Us
Register for report purchase
World Denim Market : Production and Consumption Report -2012 : Contents
The report shows the breakup of over 7 billion yards of denim capacity worldwide by Continent --Country -- Individual companies. It analyses the future growth of the industry by region and shows where the production of over 9 billion yards would be done in 2021and also the consumption of the same.. It covers capacity /key persons/contacts and other details on over 300 denim mills worldwide . The report runs in 170 pages, has over 50,000 words and is a large compendium on worldwide denim industry. It is divided into 5 chapters . A large number of tables and graphs accompany the information provided to help in easy understanding of the global denim scenario including how the world market for denim jeans is currently valued at over US$66 billion . Here are details on some contents of the report
Chapter 1 : Global Denim Production
- Continent and country wise breakup of denim capacities
- Actual Productions of denim fabrics (estimated) in 2011 – by country and total for the world.
- Top 10 Denim groups worldwide.
- A note on 8 Transnational corporations having denim productions in multiple countries /continents alongwith details of their capacities in each country .
Chapter 2: Global Denim Consumption
- Region wise breakup of denim fabric consumption.
- A note on denim production and consumption in some major regions worldwide.
- US – denim production and consumption : a note.
- EU- denim production and consumption : a note.
- China- denim production and consumption : a note.
- India- production and consumption : a note.
- Japan- denim production and consumption : a note.
- Brazilian denim production and consumption : a note.
- Russian denim consumption : a note
- Forecast of denim production and consumptions in 2014,2016 and 2021
- Estimated growth rates in increase of denim capacities in different regions 2011-14, 2014-16,2016-21 and 2011-21.
- Estimated denim capacities in different regions of the world 2011-14, 2014-16,2016-21 and 2011-21.
- Estimated growth rates in consumption in different regions 2011-14, 2014-16,2016-21 and 2011-21.
- Estimated actual consumption in different regions of the world 2011-14, 2014-16,2016-21 and 2011-21.
- Per capita consumption of denim fabric in different regions 2011 Projection of per capita consumption of denim fabric in meters in different regions in 2021.
- % share of US, EU and other regions in the total market of jeans (by value and by volume)
Chapter 3: World denim capacity changes
- Denim mills /capacities shut down in recent years.
- Proposed expansions / new denim mills coming up in various regions around the world (this section will be updated again in few months for the buyers of this report)
Chapter 3: List and details of Denim Mills Worldwide
- List of over 300 denim mills alongwith a short note on each.
- Countrywise breakup of mill wise denim capacities.
- Key Persons/ contacts in the companies .
- Address/ phone/ fax / email etc coordinates in tabular form.
Chapter 5: Data Section
- US Import data for denim apparel , men's denim and women's denim jeans in US 2000-2012 with volumes , value and average prices.
- EU Import data for denim apparel , men's denim and women's denim jeans in US 2000-2012 with volumes , value and average prices. (more details are given in list of tables below)
- Japan – Exports and Imports of denim fabrics 2011-12
- Exports of denim fabrics from Mexico 2011 Imports of denim fabrics into Mexico 2008-2011
List of tables and Graphs
The report has a large number of tables numbering over 75 and a number of charts and graphs .
Here is the list of tables (not exhaustive).
- Denim fabric production capacities–by country
- Country wise actual denim fabric production–2011
- Top 10 denim companies worldwide–by capacities
- Tavex denim production units with capacities
- Vicunha denim production units with capacities
- ITG denim production units with capacities
- Santana denim production units with capacities
- Raymond UCO denim production units with capacities
- Kaltex denim production units with capacities
- Nien Hsing denim production units with capacities
- Gap Guneydogu denim production units with capacities
- Region wise breakup of denim fabric consumption
- Imports of all denim apparel into US 2000-2012 : Value, volume , average prices.
- Imports of denim apparel into USA–Jan-July 2012 vs Jan-July 2012
- Fabric Consumption in USA
- Denim Apparel Consumption In USA: 2009-2011
- US Men's Vs Women's Jeans market ratio
- Top denim fabric exporting countries to USA
- Jeans Consumption in EU 27 Countries
- Premium denim jeans production and market size estimates for US.
- Men's-Boys' and Women's-Girls' Jeans market in EU – a ratio based on imports
- Production Capacities in India 2007-11
- Denim Apparel Consumption in Japan –2011
- Projected Denim Fabric Productions :2011-14, 2014-16,2011-2021
- EU premium denim jeans production estimates.
- Projected Growth Rates of Denim Fabric Production Worldwide in % age 2011-14,2014-16,2011-21
- World Denim Consumption Forecast 2011-2021
- Per Capita Consumption Of Denim Fabrics Worldwide in 2021
- Capacities Shut Down In Recent Times
- Proposed Expansions / New Mills
- 32 Tables for denim mills in each country with capacities
- Data section
1)Report on Imports of Men's / Boys' Denim Apparel to US: 2000-2012
2) Report on Imports of Womens Jeans to US: 2000-2012
3)6 tables Top Exporting Countries to US 2012(Jan-June) For All Denim Apparel, mens jeans, womens jeans for 2011 and 2012
4)Imports of All Women's Jeans Into EU : 2001:2012
5)Top Exporting Countries to EU27 for All Jeans : 2011 and 2012 (Jany- May)
6) Top Exporting Countries to EU27 for Mens' Jeans/Breeches : 2011 and for 2012 (Jan-May)
7) Top Exporting Countries to EU27 for womens' Jeans/Breeches : 2011 and for 2012 (Jan-May)
8) Top Exporting Countries to EU27 for Denim Fabrics : 2011 and 2012 (Jan-May)
9) Exports of Denim Fabrics from Japan – Worldwide : Jan- June 2012 vs 2011
10) Imports of Denim Fabrics into Japan from around the world : Jan- June 2012 vs 2011
11) Exports of Denim Fabrics in 2011 from Japan to major countries in the world
12) Japanese Imports of Denim fabrics from around the world in 2011 – Top Few Countries
13) Denim Fabric Exports From Mexico – worldwide in 2011
14) Mexico Imports of Denim Fabrics 2008- 2011 and more charts and tables.
Sandeep Agarwal created Denimsandjeans.com in 2007 as a small blog when he found that information on this industry was quite difficult to find. Having been associated with the denim industry since 1993 , he enjoyed puttin up such info. Slowly the site began to be visited by the denim fraternity around the world and most professionals enjoyed having found a resource which brought out info on the entire denim supply chain on a regular basis. The newsletter from Denimsandjeans.com is subscribed by thousands of denim professaionals from brands, retailers, mills, exporters related from around the world and each article produced by the site is received completely by these professionals - free - a number of times a week. These are further shared by these professionals within and outside their companies - enabling spreading of such news .
At the request of many denim companies and professionals who wanted to understand the worldwide aspect of denim production and consumption, a study was conducted by Denimsandjeans.com to bring out in a concise form the current status of the world denim industry and its future prospoects. The report focuses on both production of denim and its consumption in apparel form worldwide. Opinion and information from a number of denim professionals worlwide was taken to source and corroborate information which is normally difficult to get . The database available at Denimsandjeans.com was delved into to find statistics supporting the views in the report.
For more info on the report contact us here