Use the search form above to get the list of Top Denim Brands worldwide or use the links below. Here we are listing about 50 Top and the Best Denim Brands around the world. These brands are from different countries – from USA , Japan, UK, Italy, Scandinavia etc.
The brand names have links on them which will take you to their websites.
Denim Brands from many countries including Japan, Italy, France, Sweden, Australia, USA, Netherland, India etc are mentioned.Below the table you will find the details on some of the important brands – segregated country wise.
Best Denim Brands Worldwide – Europe/ Americas/Asia
Japanese Denim Brands
- 45rpm : 45rpm is very cautious about the fabrics it uses and has an exclusive deal with its mill, ensuring one-of-a-kind materials. The company’s denims are made from both Zimbabwe cotton and Suvin hybrid cotton,
- Edwin : Founded in 1969 by Edwin Company mainly focused on jeans manufacture. Brad Pitt is an official spokesperson and model for the brand, and appears in many of its advertisements.
- Evisu : Founded in 1991 by Hidehiko Yamane. Yamane-san was trained as a tailor but his love for vintage denimn and his disappointment with the mass-produced modern versions led him firstly to business of vintage clothing import business and later to start putting together the elements required to reproduce vintage-style jeans. The initial production was 14 pairs of jeans a day !
- Iron Heart : The denim is made in Japan out of the highest quality, long fibre cotton. These long fibres allow the individual cotton threads to be spun less tightly than is normal. The result is a surprisingly soft feel to this ultra-heavy denim.
- PRPS : Made from Zimbabwe Organic Cotton, the denim dream of the founder of Akademics and ex-Nike designer, PRPS defines perfection in today’s over saturated denim market.
- Samurai : Founded in 1997,their collection exists of various models of unwashed denim. All Samurai jeans,uses 100% pure indigo with no fillers, and use the maximum amount of indigo that the yarn can hold. Samurai has also maximized the tension of the weave, so that after washing, the denim actually becomes even more stiff and the weave even tighter
- Sugarcane : Sugar Cane ’ denim by traditional Japanese dyeing techniques by hand and not by machine. The first model ‘ Sugar Cane Awa ’ is made of sugar cane denim dyed by Awa indigo. Sugar Cane were the first in the world to produce a selvage-denim fabric made from woven cotton yarns and sugar cane fibers. otton and sugar cane yarns are dyed completely by hand with 100% natural indigo.
- Kapital : Kapital is one of Japan’s best kept secrets, and a brand that people probably keep close to the chest to cut down on the competition trying to snatch up what little clothes there are available. The latest SS13 collection took the Ivy look that’s been popular in Japan since the 1960s and added an awesome element of hooliganism.
- John Bull : John Bull is one of the original denim brands that bought up the vintage looms that Levi’s, Wrangler, and other American companies sold off in the 1960s and has been creating high-quality selvage denim ever since. The strong workwear aesthetic has extended in recent years to a full line of apparel, and true denimheads put John Bull jeans in the same category as well-known brands like Evisu and Studio D’Artisan.
- Studio D’Artisan : Studio D’Artisan has been weaving denim on vintage looms in Osaka since 1979. It was one of the most popular denim brands when the world fell in love with Japanese selvage denim in the ’90s. A lawsuit by Levi’s crippled Studio D’Artisan’s distribution networks, but they are still widely considered one of the OG’s of the denim game. Their jeans are still heavily sought after, and the fact that they’re now harder to find has probably done nothing but increase their desirability.
Italian Denim Brands
- Diesel : The world famous jeans brand. Needs no introduction ! . Links : a) Financials b) Buy Diesel Jeans
- Armani Jeans :Armani Jeans is a bridge-line collection of denim-related clothing created in 1981 by Giorgio Armani. Unlike Armani’s lower-end collection Armani Exchange, Armani Jeans is mainly sold in department stores instead of freestanding stores.
- Miss Sixty :
Swedish Denim Brands
- Acne : A ton of variety in mens’ fits, and repeat winner of ‘Designer of the Year’ by Swedish Elle.
- Cheap Monday : Founded in 2000 by Örjan Andersson, originally as a second hand clothing store, in a suburb of Stockholm. The name of the brand originates from the fact that the original store was only open on Sunday.Being cheaper than other brands, and with tons of crazy prints and colored washes, it is liked by high school students a lot. Link.
- Nudie : Men’s Jeans made from the best Italian, Turkish, American, and Japanese qualities using the best techniques. How they are made?
Netherland (Dutch) Denim Brands
- G-Star : G-Star offers a well-balanced range of jeans in various designs, the right range of fittings and attractive washings. Products made for denim connoisseurs by denim connoisseurs.
US Denim Brands (L.A denim brands included)
- AG Adriano Goldschmied : Starting out as a small boutique line in 2000, AG is a brand that is centered on recreating vintage denim washes.AG continues to evolve its “AG-ed Vintage” collection by introducing new fits, washes and fabrications. For Spring 2010, the brand will launch a Khaki Program, where the “AG-ed” 3-D whiskering technique is applied. Links : a)Some details
- Paige Premium Denim : Paige Premium Denim, LLC was founded in 2004 by fit model Paige Adams-Geller on the principle that you don’t have to be a size zero to look great and feel great in a pair of designer jeans. She was the body behind the brands like 7 For All Mankind, Lucky Brand, Citizens of Humanity, Guess and used her expertise and unique values to create the “perfect fitting jean.”
- 7 for all Mankind : Owned by VF Corp. since 2007 ,7 For All Mankind was the first company to truly bring premium denim to scale in 2000.7 For All Mankind’s premium jeans literally exploded onto the scene, quickly earning critical acclaim and an immediate following for its innovative use of fits, fabrics, and finishes in denim.Hollywood celebrities like Angelina Jolie, Cameron Diaz, Jennifer Garner, Liv Tryler and Ben Affleck endorsed the ‘Sevens’. Links :a)VF acquires 7
- Siwy Denim : Launched in Spring 2005 in downtown New York City, Siwy offers the ultimate denim collection: vintage-inspired, sexy, fashion-forward designs with perfected finish, detail, and fit. Each piece is finished with hand-crafted labels made out of vintage feedsack cloth.
- Earnest Sewn :Earnest Sewn brings forth two concepts: 1) process innovation and 2) heritage. Everything from “Twice Sewn” [stitching] process, to specialized hand-sanding techniques, which are worked on by one expert artisan per pair, to coffee-stained hang tags and individually wrapped craft paper set it apart from other labels.
- Current/Elliot : Born as late as 2008 when Emily Current and Meritt Elliott, both stylists, met with friend Serge Azria, CurrentElliot seems to have gained fame rather fast. They are reputed to have started the BoyFriend Denim trend which is been adorned by Hollywood celebrities like Katie Holmes , Victoria Beckham etc.
- J Brand :J Brand was co-founded by denim manufacturer Jeff Rudes and former stylist Susie Crippen.The two set out to create classic and sophisticated jeans with the emphasis on fit.J Brand – women’s- launched as an exclusive at Ron Herman’s Melrose jeans bar in the spring of 2005.The brand had immediate success, and J Brand’s introduction of their skinny straight leg made them the first American-made premium jeans to drive this trend. The also have a maternity line — Mama J by J Brand.In fall 2008, J Brand introduced a Men’s line under the label, J Brand Denim Co.
Denim Brands In India
Indian denim market is on a high growth path with a rate of growth in the range of 8-12%. However, the market is dominated by the non-branded players who take away the major share of the denim market. The branded denim market is estimated to be around $450-$500 million , and is dominated by some international labels though the local brands are also getting prominent.
- Levi’s : Levi’s is the leader in the branded denim category with about 20-25% share of the market. Using various innovative strategies, Levi’s has strengthened its hold on the market. It started operating in India in 1994 and is present in over 250 cities.
- Killer Jeans : Owned by the Kewal Kiran Clothing limited, the brand was introduced in 1989 and is one of the well known denim brands in India. The other brands by this company – Easies, Lawman and Integritti are also well known menswear brands.
- Spykar : Targetting the tastes of the youth of the country, Spykar uses its labs to bring out a large variety of designer denim jeans .The company launched aggressive campaigns in colleges, pubs and coffee shops as well as sponsored college events and fashion shows to target the right clients It is on a high growth trajectory and is currently reported to have a turnover of $45million+.
Besides the above , there is an array of national and international brands. International brands include Pepe Jeans, Lee Cooper , Wrangler and Lee from VF (in joint venture with Arvind) , Tommy Hilfiger, Replay Jeans etc. Diesel is a recent entrant and the brands from Sixty Group Energie and Miss Sixty will be launched shortly. National brands worthy of mention include Numero Uno, Flying Machine and Ruf and Tuf (Arvind) , Trigger Jeans (KG Denim) .