Want to learn more about how to resolve everyday stitch and seam quality problems with denim?
If you do , a free workshop by American and Efird will give you useful knowledge on how to overcome the most typical seaming problems. A&E develops the content and creates these programs as a special means to help companies increase productivity. Topics covered include:
- Review of common stitches used in denim and why each is used.
- Detailed overview of 5 pocket Jean construction techniques .
- How to overcome common seam quality problems?
- Minimizing broken stitches after stone-washing, hand sanding, etc.
- Minimizing thread breakage & skipped stitches .
- Minimizing Ropey Hems, Twisted Legs, Sagging Pockets.
- Minimizing problems commonly found on Stretch Denim garments .
- Dealing with thread color-fastness issues .
- How quality sewing threads can help make better quality garments?
- Introduction to common sewing threads for denim and how they impact the performance and appearance of your products .
- Review of A&E’s denim thread selection matrix .
- Introduction of special threads for a distinctive look.
- Maximize sewing and seam performance but keep thread cost to a minimum.
- How to improve the quality and appearance of your denim sewn products ?
- Better understanding of denim seam construction methods .
- How to Trouble-shoot Common Stitching Problems and offer Suggestions to your Sourcing Companies ,Vendors and Contractors on ways to improve the quality of Your Products.
This 2 hour Seamology – Making Quality Denim Garments workshop is loaded with practical, helpful ideas that can assist companies in resolving everyday sewing issues. The companies just need to provide a space for the presentation and A and E provides the handouts and the workshop Free!
For more info on the workshop , contact Mark Hatton or Al Irvine