The first ever two-day “International Conference on Denims & Jeans” was held at IIM Ahmedabad on 29th and 30th October under the chairmanship of Dr. PR Roy, Director – Fibre2Fashion and Former Group CEO, Arvind Ltd. The event was well attended by more than 500 delegates from the industry wherein the distinguished speakers presented an enlightening discourse on the global and Indian Denim & Jeans industry.
The topics lined up at the conference ranged from Overview of the Indian and US jeans industry, Technology Developments and Innovations as well as Marketing Strategies in the Denim & Jeans sector, Recovery and Recycling of cotton waste, Branding and Retailing, Indigo wool and silk, Organic cotton denims and many more. The highlight of the conference was a panel discussion on denims.
Speaking about the overall success of the denim conference, Dr PR Roy, Father of Denims in India had this to say;
"I am extremely delighted the way the industry participated and supported this great event. This for the first time, allowed the denim and jeans sector stalwarts, to come under one roof and interact. I sincerely believe that this will substantially help India, to position itself as a leading global denim player in the foreseeable future".
Supplementing to his views, Chakor Jain from VF Corporation added that "It was an honor to get an opportunity to present at the conference".
Mr. Aroon Hirdaramani from Sri Lanka acknowledged "The conference was a great success. We found it very informative and were able to meet a large number of people from industry"
Mr. Kunal Lekhadia from Kunal Organics made an indeed flattering remark by saying;
"I must congratulate Fibre2Fashion for organizing such a great event. Your efforts were indeed commendable. I have never seen a textile show of this magnitude organized in India in such an efficient manner"
To extend to the entire industry, a complete knowledge of this conference, Fibre2Fashion has come out with a DVD covering the full proceedings of the “International Conference” along with expert panel discussion on current and future prospects for Denim & Jeans Industry.
Here is a detailed list of topics covered by various speakers during the conference.
- Inaugural Address
– Maheshwar Sahu, Principal Secretary, Govt of Gujarat
- Denim and jeans: A global perspective and India’s potential in a competitive marketplace
– Robin Anson, Managing Editor, Textiles Intelligence, UK
- Overview of Indian Denim Business
– Rajiv Dayal, Mafatlal Denims
- New Product Development in Denims
– Dr. PR Roy & Dr. JJ Shroff, Malwa Group
- Premium Denims & India "Branding & Retailing"
– Darshan Mehta, Reliance Brands
- Recovery and Recycling of waste in Denims
– Dr. Burger & SK Joshi, Truetzschler
- Denim" Offering From Ring & Rotor Systems
– Gerd Moche, Oerlikon Schlafhorst
- Organic Cotton & Denims
– Mahesh R, Arvind Ltd
- Sustainable Denims
– Manish Bansle, Dystar
- Jeans Manufacturing
– Manish & Sumit, Juki
- Panel Discussion on Denims
Session Chairman: Mr. SK Gupta, Raymond Uco Denims
Panel: Arvind Ltd, Chirpal, Aarvee, Bhaskar, LNJ Denims, Prashant, Ukil
- Overview of Indian Jeans Business
– Chakor Jain, VF Corporation
- US Denim & Jeans Industry
– Jenna Caccavo, Cotton Inc, USA
- Future Trend and Technologies in Jeans Treatment
– Enrique Silla, Jeanologia, Spain
- Marketing Strategies of Indian Denim Players to compete
– Rajesh Narkar, Malwa Group
- Innovations in Denim Weaving
– Terada, Tsudakoma, Japan
- Denim Warp Preparation
– Navin Agarwal, ATE
- Garment Finishing
– Sai Prasanna, Dystar
- Modified Starch for Textile Sizing
– Pradeep Bora, Anil Ltd
- Cotton Reuse, An Indian Perspective
– VV Mundhe, Acetex
- Advanced Functional Denims
– K Suresh, Clariant
– Sanjay Vakharia
- Reliance Trends
– Vipin Tyagi
To buy the international conference DVD , just click here
or on the image below .