Denim leggings (Jeggings, as they are often known as )seem to have exploded on the scene for a last couple of months. On the one hand, some trend analysts were predicting a withering away of the skinny jeans trend and now we are looking at an emaciated version of the Skinny Jeans as the next big trend in Denim. At the LA Kingpins show in August , Denim leggings alongwith Vintage styles topped the list of Fall Trends for Premium Denim.
Most fashionable celebrities have been spotted wearing the new fall trend-denim leggings.Denim leggings have been seen on celebrities such as Paris Hilton, Beyonce and Kim Kardashian. There is no doubt that they will be the hot trend for this fall and winter and carry on for next couple of seasons.
The idea of leggings that look like jeans may seem a little strange at first but it’s actually a genius way of getting that skinny jean look without crushing your inner organs.
How are Denim Leggings different from Skinny Jeans?
Well here goes..
- Denim leggings hug the body much more tightly than the skinny jeans.
- Denim Leggings are made up of materials which have a higher percentage of lycra/spandex in them as compared to skinny jeans.
- Many non-denim fabrics with pseudo denim looks can pass off as Denim Leggings whereas Skinny Jeans will Always be denim only.
- Denim leggings generally do not have a front zipper .
- Denim leggings are supposed to give a much more comfortable feel due to the material used and allow much more body movements as compared to Skinny Jeans.
- Denim leggings generally avoid pockets on the top.
- The stretch material of Denim Leggings should fit snuggly on top of boots or inside of boots depending on your preference.
- Denim leggings are tight around the legs but have a nice comfy stretch top- so no more muffin tops!.
- Not everyone can carry off a Skinny Jeans. This is much more applicable in case of Denim Leggings and some ladies may need to put up tunics and dresses to cover unpleasant bulges highlighted by the leggings.
- Wearing Denim Leggings as normal jeans or pants would normally be considered immodest..
Some Celebrities in Denim Leggings
Paris Hilton In Denim Leggings
Isha Fisher in Destroyed Denim Leggings
Annalynne McCord in Rock & Republic Denim Leggings
Whitney Port in Denim Leggings
Beyonce in Top Shop Denim Leggings
Beyonce, Paris Hilton, and Sienna Miller in denim leggings
Gwen Stafani in J Brand Denim Leggings
Kate Bosworth In Denim Leggings
Images from celebritysmackblog.com , x17online,collegefashion.net
Tags: Denim Trends