Dutch Denim Label – G Star Raw, recently launched some new sustainable denim articles in its collection. The collection features primarily the sustainable denim pieces and the new innovation and collaboration used to make this collection.
The brand has used Archroma’s sustainable Diresul RDT dyestuff technology for colors and the RFTPi indigo dyeing process, which is believed to be one of the cleanest indigo dyeing processes, formulated in partnership with DyStar®, G-Star, and Artistic Milliners. The collection also features some of G-Star’s signature items including 5620 3D Jeans.
Here are some of our best picks.
Revend Skinny Jeans
The Revend is the heightened version of a classic 5-pocket jean. Based on denim’s humble beginnings as the uniform of the American working-class, this jean adds refined details to a timeless classic. These Revend jeans are executed in a skinny fit. The curved stitch lines at the back pockets are reinforced with leather.
Elto Black Superstretch
Versatile, high-quality black super stretch with an authentic denim aesthetic, superb recovery, and a soft hand feel.
- Weight 10.2 oz denim, 3×1 right-hand twill construction
- The black is derived from Archroma’s sustainable Diresul RDT dyestuff.
- 91% Cotton, 7% Elastomultiester (T400® EcoMade), 2% Elastane (Lycra®)
- LYCRA® T400® ECOMADE is a sustainable stretch fiber, partially made from recycled and renewable resources. Designed to make garments last longer and hold their shape wear after wear.
5620 3D Slim Jeans
The 5620 G-Star Elwood was first introduced in 1996 and is the original design from the G-Star 3D Denim approach to construction. The G-Star Elwood jeans was the first G-Star RAW 3D denim design. This slim-fit version features the same 3D construction as the original and is made from stretch fabric.
Otas Black Stretch Denim
A 3×1 stretch black denim offering a rich surface texture. Added elastane creates a comfortable stretch. This style is dyed with sustainable black dyestuff from Archroma.
- Weight 12 oz stretch denim
- 3×1 Right hand twill construction
- 99% Cotton, 1% Elastane (Lycra®)
Flight Combat Jacket
The Flight Combat jacket offers removable straps that are interchangeable. The tabs at the backside of the sleeves can be repositioned towards the snaps that are placed at the lower sleeves and upper back neck. Chest pockets show a strike-through stitch down and angled zip pockets are set at the waist. By use of the integrated tab and button, the collar can be fixated. Tabs at the waist offer a tighter look when preferred.
Kir Denim Organic 2.0
This is a 3rd edition of the World’s 1st Cradle to Cradle Certified™ Gold G-Star Denim Fabric which was initially released in February 2018. This 2.0 version is still a unisex quality with an oz update to its weight and refreshed, more dynamic denim character.
- Developed with RFTPi-Raw for the Planet Indigo-world’s cleanest indigo dyeing process, formulated in partnership with DyStar®, G-Star, and Artistic Milliners.
- Raw for the Planet Indigo uses 15% less indigo, 70% fewer chemicals, no salts, and produces no salt by-product during the reduction and dyeing process, consequently saving water and leaving clean and recyclable water effluent.
- Outer: 100% Organic cotton Lining: 100% Polyester (Recycled)
- Organic cotton fibers are free of toxic pesticides and chemical fertilizers. Growing organic cotton helps to improve soil quality, prevents water contamination, and conserves biodiversity. By choosing organic cotton, we can save up to 60% water.
- 8 dip indigo, 3×1 right-hand twill construction, Midweight 11.5 oz denim
- Fabric chemistry with 0 risks for people and the environment
Multi Slant Pocket Relaxed Shirt
Patched on pockets are placed slanted on this straight fitted shirt. Offering a Velcro strip underneath the flap. The side seams of this button down shirt are covered by woven tapes. The long sleeves are finished with elastic and have button closed cuffs.
Heavy Lock Chambray Organic
This shirt is created out of a finely woven chambray fabric, offering a characteristic color blend of blue and white.
- Chambray woven
- Weight 8 oz
- 100% Organic cotton
- Aniline free indigo, which G-Star introduced to the market in collaboration with Archroma in 2019. It holds a Gold Level Material Health Certificate from the Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute.
The description of the products were taken from the official G Star Raw website. Denimsandjeans doesn’t vouch for any claims made on the website.