Japanese have been considered artists when it comes to manufacturing denim fabrics. Their sense of perfection has enabled them to create an exclusive niche for themselves in the denim world. Despite being a very high cost country, Japan continues to make denim and sell them at very premium prices around the world. Though there have been companies who have shifted their productions out of Japan – eg Nisshinbo- but still companies like Kaihara, Kuroki and others continue to make denim in Japan.
In this current report on the Japanese denim market, we will check out :
- How much of fabric is being exported from Japan in the first five months of 2013.
- What are the main markets for Japanese denim.. While some are traditional markets like US and EU, there are some surprise destinations.
- What are the meterages of denim being shipped to these destinations . Details for over 30 countries are given.
- What are the average prices for these countries : While we all know that Japanese fabrics are expensive, there are some markets where large quantities of Japanese fabrics (seconds) are shipped at very low prices. We will have a look at the figures for such markets also.
- The figures will be in an excel sheet which can be downloaded from the link given below.